From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: Renderkit troubles
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 16:09:46 GMT
>From: "Daniel Hannum" <dhannum@quovadx.com>
>
> I'm trying to use Trinidad for the first time (upgrading from an old ADF
> version) and the first problem I hit is renderkits. I keep getting
> "Unknown RenderKit" errors at deploy-time. I looked at the demo in svn
> and used a default renderkit of "org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.core" in
> faces-config.xml, and "org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop" in my skin
> file. No matter what I do or what combination I use, it tells me that
> it's an unknown renderkit. Also, see the below error message
>

> Unknown RenderKit 'org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.core.desktop'

I think your a package off [1].  Try 'org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop'.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/adffaces/trunk/trinidad/trinidad-demo/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/trinidad-skins.xml?view=markup

> It's putting ".desktop" on the end. I can't find any documentation on
> what's wrong or what the renderkit is supposed to be, so I'm asking the
> mailing list.

I was looking in the XSD of the skin to try to understand how you could override specific
value for any skin.  There is an example in the doc of the XSD but I've  not had a chance
to try it.

<!-- A custom skin that extends the Simple Desktop Look And Feel -->
  <look-and-feel xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/skin" id="custom.desktop"
            family="custom" extends="simple.desktop">

   <!-- Define some custom icons -->
   <icons>
           <!-- Replace the error icon
                with a context-relative icon. -->
          <icon name="error">
             <context-image uri="images/skin/custom/error.gif"/>
          </icon>

          <!-- Replace the warning icon with a fully
                specified URI icon -->

          <icon  name="warning">
                <uri-image uri="/webapp/skin/custom/warning.gif"/>
         </icon>
   </icons>
</look-and-feel>

> FYI, I'm using 1.0.0-incubating which I got from
> http://people.apache.org/~matzew/stage_trin_core/
>

> Thanks

Gary