From "Justin Mckay" <justin.mc...@famis.com>
Subject Dynamic Navigation
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 00:13:23 GMT
Hi all,

I am in the process of moving our project from Oracle's ADF to Trinidad.
One thing we are having a problem with is dynamic navigation from a
ValueChangeEvent(selectOneChoice).  This did work with Oracle's ADF but is
not working now.  It seems like the page is created(backing beans are called
and the page seems to be generated), we are just not actually moving to that
page.  One thing to note is this code does work from an ActionEvent(Button
or Link).  Any ideas or other strategies to consider?

String path = "/misc/finder.xhtml";

FacesContext fContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();

ViewHandler vh = fContext.getApplication().getViewHandler();

UIViewRoot uroot = vh.createView(fContext, path);

fContext.setViewRoot(uroot);

Justin McKay

Java Developer

FAMIS Software, Inc.