From "Michael Trompertz" <Michael.Trompe...@feltengmbh.de>
Subject AW: Relation between Trinidad and ADF Faces
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:48:48 GMT
Hello Matthias

Thanks for your quick answer. The demo looks very exciting.
But is/will be the ADF Faces Rich Client also under Apache 2.0 license and what about the
different ADF Faces downloads offered by Oracle (with JDeveloper or stand alone). I have the
impression that they are _not_ Apache 2.0 licensed.
But that means there are at least two different streams of development which have the same
origin but was separated in last summer and are now independent from each other. Am I right
(I hope not!)?

Michael

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mwessendorf@gmail.com [mailto:mwessendorf@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Matthias Wessendorf
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. März 2007 10:27
An: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Relation between Trinidad and ADF Faces

Hello Michael,

there is a ADF Faces Rich Client, currently under development, see here:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/viewlets/1013/richclient_viewlet_swf.html

That stuff uses Trinidad features (like framework or build feature).

Trinidad is Apache 2.0 license based, so you can even fork it and sell the *enhancements*
as closed source, no problems with that! The good on Apache 2.0 license is, it is damn liberal
;)

Does that help ?

-M

--