From "Oscar Duque" <pipas...@hotmail.com>
Subject Efficient (ajax) user validation
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:32:25 GMT
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>That's the general environment:</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>- I have a database table with the "Users" who can access the application.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>- I have an "login.jspx" JSF page which have two fields &lt;tr:inputText
id="username"&gt; and &lt;h:inputSecret&nbsp; id="userpassw".</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>- I have a backing bean "login" for the "login.jspx" page</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>- I have a session bean (myfacade) inside it i have a method "boolean
validate_user(String un,String up,String error_message)", that method goes to the database
and does the validation, returning true if success or false if the validation fails, additionaly
and String error_message for the validation error.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>- I need to avoid the round trip of showing and "error_login.jspx" and
returning back to "login.jspx", instead of that, i need to show the login "failed error message"
in the same "login.jspx" in a JavaScript alert style, making use of Trinidad's ajax capabilities.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>- Or if the validation was success then navigate to the "second_page.jspx"
jsf page.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>
<DIV class=RTE>According your experience and knowledge, might you reccommend to me how
to do that&nbsp; efficient (ajax) user validation against a database, please ?, </DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Thanks in advance, </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMAEN/2737??PS=47575"
target="_top">MSN Messenger</a> Download today it's FREE!</html>