From "Oscar Duque" <pipas...@hotmail.com>
Subject Dinamically User Login
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:08:18 GMT
the general environment:<BR>&nbsp;<BR>- I have a database table with the "Users"
who can access the application.<BR>- I have an "login.jspx" JSF page which have two
fields &lt;tr:inputText id="username"&gt; and &lt;h:inputSecret&nbsp; id="userpassw".<BR>-
I have a backing bean "login" for the "login.jspx" page<BR>- I have a session bean (myfacade)
inside it i have a method "boolean validate_user(String un,String up,String error_message)",
that method goes to the database and does the validation, returning true if success or false
if the validation fails, additionaly and String error_message for the validation error.<BR>-
I need to avoid the round trip of showing and "error_login.jspx" and returning back to "login.jspx",
instead of that, i need to show the login "failed error message" in the same
"login.jspx" in a JavaScript alert style, making use of Trinidad's ajax capabilities.<BR>-
Or if the validation was success then navigate to the "second_page.jspx" jsf page.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>According
your experience and knowledge, might you reccommend to me how to do that&nbsp; efficient
(ajax) user validation against a database, please ?, <BR>&nbsp;<BR>Thanks
in advance, <BR>&nbsp;<BR>Oscar Duque</DIV>
pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMAEN/2752??PS=47575"
target="_top">MSN Toolbar</a> Get it now!</html>