From "Bertrand, Shawn R" <shawn.bertr...@tycoelectronics.com>
Subject RE: Dialog position
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:30:28 GMT
Mark,

Yeah, I suspected that would work, though I was hoping to not have to
implement an ActionListener in order to add window position control.

I'd expect windowTop and windowLeft attributes would be better
enhancements though, given their analogous counterparts in javascript.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Millman [mailto:mark.millman@mizar.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:16 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Dialog position

We've been able to control the placement of server launched dialogs by
setting the windows properties as per the following example.

  public static void launchApprovalDialog(String title, String remark,
UIComponent source) {
    ViewHandler vh = context.getApplication().getViewHandler();
    UIViewRoot dialog = vh.createView(context, "/ApprovalDialog.jspx");
//
dialog:download does not work"

    HashMap winProps = new HashMap();
    winProps.put("width", new Integer(300));
    winProps.put("height", new Integer(200));
    winProps.put("left", new Integer(200));
    winProps.put("top", new Integer(200));
    HashMap props = new HashMap();
    props.put("title", title);
    props.put("remark", remark);
    if (source != null) {
      props.put("approveButton", Boolean.valueOf(true));
    } else {
      props.put("approveButton", Boolean.valueOf(false));
    }

    RequestContext afc = RequestContext.getCurrentInstance();
    afc.launchDialog(dialog, props, source, true, winProps);
  }

It would be nice if the CoreCommand tags supported windowLeft and
windowRight in addition to windowHeight and windowWidth

mark.millman@mizar.com | www.mizar.com