From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@quovadx.com>
Subject RE: Tweaking af:table for printable pages
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:40:39 GMT
Good point. When I said "improved", I only was going by the last line in
the blog I pointed to:

"Note that future plans for ADF Faces include printable pages so that
the CSS solution is only temporarily for the time being. To print a page
you can use the document.print(); JavaScript command from a link on the
JSP page."

Which made me think that the Trinidad guys might have great plans for
printable pages.

It sounds as though IF I can convince the powers that be that a
printable page should only print the selected page of results, CSS is
great. But if they insist on seeing the whole table, I have to use my
more-hackish requestScope parameter solution.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurie Harper [mailto:laurie@holoweb.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:31 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Laurie Harper
Subject: Re: Tweaking af:table for printable pages

On 14-Mar-07, at 4:06 PM, Daniel Hannum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make a printable page, and I've seen the CSS/media method
> described here:
>
> http://www.orablogs.com/fnimphius/archives/001830.html
>
> I'm fairly certain it will work. But, I have a page with an
> af:table in
> it, and I'd like it to not page the results (size="0") if we're
> printable. Up until now, I've been setting and checking a variable in
> requestScope to know to set size to 0 at the right time. If I use the
> CSS method, I would need a way to check the media type via EL.
>
> Can this be done? Or am I up a creek until ADF has improved printable
> page support?

What would 'improved' support mean? You can't check the media type
via EL since the media type would depend on what the browser is doing
with the page *after* you've sent it. Printing the page wont re-
request it with a 'different media type'. It'll just print it as-is,
with different styles applied.

L.
--
Laurie Harper