From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Templating with trinidad once more
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:28:27 GMT
Hello Kuno,

> I'd like use a basic template feature with trinidad and like to inform
> me about the actual situation of this issue. I've found a statement of
> Matthias Wessendorf, he states that one should use facelets. However,
> facelets isn't a standard. Furthermore, I couldn't find any examples

well, not a standard in the meaning of JCP, but build on-top of JSF
and very close
to JSF, compared to other stuff like Tiles (the creator of Facelets is
part of the JSF 1.2 EG).

An example of using Trinidad + Facelets is here:
http://code.google.com/p/facesgoodies/

(and some other stuff)

> with trinidad and my migrated JSF examples didn't work ("illegal
> component hierarchy detected, expected UIXCommand but found another type
> of component instead."). I reckon, it might be a problem with nested
> forms, however, this would be another entry...

Meaning
<form>
   <form>
   </form>
</form>
?
This is invalid in HTML and using Apache MyFaces as your JSF runtine,
you will get a warning, when nesting the corresponding <h:form>
components (no idea, what the RI tells you).

> In my opinion, this is more than one reason do not move to facelets. Are

That's up to you. There is also Clay, also close to JSF, since was
developed having JSF in mind. Gary, might know how good Clay is
working w/ Trinidad.

HTH,
Matthias

--