From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Relation between Trinidad and ADF Faces
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:18:40 GMT
Hello ,

On 3/15/07, Michael Trompertz <Michael.Trompertz@feltengmbh.de> wrote:
> Hello Matthias
>
> Thanks for your quick answer. The demo looks very exciting.
> But is/will be the ADF Faces Rich Client also under Apache 2.0 license and what about

at javaone 2006, there was an announcement, that these libs will be
open source, some day, somehow:
http://otazi.blogspot.com/2006/06/oracles-ajax-enabled-contribution.html

Please read also this one:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40myfaces.apache.org/msg21006.html
(discussion, ONLY on dev@myfaces.apache.org)

> the different ADF Faces downloads offered by Oracle (with JDeveloper or stand alone).
> have the impression that they are _not_ Apache 2.0 licensed.
> But that means there are at least two different streams of development which have the
same origin but was separated in last summer and are now independent from each other. Am I
right (I hope not!)?

Well, I'd consider Trinidad is a *snapshot* of the ADF Faces, used in
JDev 10.1.3.0 and the development is ongoing, by this community. In
JDEV 10.1.3.x there will be ADF Faces. The next JDev 11 will use RCF,
which is based on Apache Trinidad. So, basically ADF Faces (currently
download able from Oracle.com) and Trinidad are two projects. However,
it is possible to use Trinidad in JDev:

http://www.orablogs.com/fnimphius/archives/001832.html

For further questions on JDev 11, ADF Faces etc, please use the Oracle forums:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=83

HTH,
Matthias

> Michael

as closed source, no problems with that! The good on Apache 2.0 license is, it is damn liberal
;)