From "Matthias Wessendorf" <>
Subject Re: Relation between Trinidad and ADF Faces
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:26:35 GMT
Hello Michael,

there is a ADF Faces Rich Client, currently under development, see here:

That stuff uses Trinidad features (like framework or build feature).

Trinidad is Apache 2.0 license based, so you can even fork it and sell
the *enhancements* as closed source, no problems with that! The good
on Apache 2.0 license is, it is damn liberal ;)

Does that help ?

On 3/15/07, Michael Trompertz <> wrote:
> Hello
> Can anybody eplain the Relation between Trinidad and ADF Faces.
> What I found out is that Oracle donated ADF Faces to Apache in summer
> 2006. The project was renamed to Trinidad. But it seems that both
> projetcs are developed further indepent from each other.
> The ADF Faces needs a license for usage while Trinidad does not.
> Is this right so far?
> Thanks in advance
> Michael

Matthias Wessendorf