From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Tweaking af:table for printable pages
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:30:59 GMT
On 14-Mar-07, at 4:06 PM, Daniel Hannum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make a printable page, and I've seen the CSS/media method
> described here:
>
> http://www.orablogs.com/fnimphius/archives/001830.html
>
> I'm fairly certain it will work. But, I have a page with an
> af:table in
> it, and I'd like it to not page the results (size="0") if we're
> printable. Up until now, I've been setting and checking a variable in
> requestScope to know to set size to 0 at the right time. If I use the
> CSS method, I would need a way to check the media type via EL.
>
> Can this be done? Or am I up a creek until ADF has improved printable
> page support?

What would 'improved' support mean? You can't check the media type
via EL since the media type would depend on what the browser is doing
with the page *after* you've sent it. Printing the page wont re-
request it with a 'different media type'. It'll just print it as-is,
with different styles applied.

L.
--
Laurie Harper