From Richard Yee <r...@cruzio.com>
Subject Trinidad Build Problem - The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:16:16 GMT
Hi,
I'd first like to say that I'm just getting started with maven and svn
so please be nice if I'm doing something stupid. I have Googled for this
problem too but didn't find any results.

I used svn to download the trunk and then ran 'mvn clean install'

The build fails with the message: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard:~/sandbox/trinidad/trunk/trinidad richard$ mvn clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Apache Incubator Trinidad Podling
[INFO]   Apache Trinidad Build
[INFO]   Apache Trinidad API
[INFO]   Apache Trinidad Impl
[INFO]   Apache Trinidad Demo
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Incubator Trinidad Podling
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking
for updates from apache.stage
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/richard/sandbox/trinidad/trunk/trinidad/target
[INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/richard/sandbox/trinidad/trunk/trinidad/target/classes
[INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/richard/sandbox/trinidad/trunk/trinidad/target/test-classes
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for
updates from apache.stage
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Mar 31 08:09:47 PDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/5M
[INFO]