From Jeanne Waldman <>
Subject Re: Skinning / Detecting Style-Sheet-Changes
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:47:40 GMT
This was issue
and I just resolved it and checked it in.
Now you can change your skin's css file and refresh the browser and
you will see the changes.
I have noticed that sometimes no styles at all get loaded, and there is
a warning
that the file could not be written. If this happens then you need to
stop/start the server.
I haven't looked into why this is happening just some of the time.

- Jeanne

Jeanne Waldman wrote:
> There is a lot of code there that seems to do this.
> It is a bug that this isn't working.
> I can fix this. I already had a look, and I know what I need to add.
> - Jeanne
> Simon Lessard wrote:
>> Hello Felix,
>> I don't think we support that feature yet. Personally I have to do
>> the same
>> as you when working on a skin.
>> Regards,
>> ~ Simon
>> On 3/19/07, Felix Gonschorek <> wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> i am trying to implement my own style for trinidad components. but for
>>> every change i make to the css, i have to stop tomcat, clear the cache
>>> folder and then start tomcat again. if i try to delete the cached css,
>>> the file is locked and can't be deleted. Changes to the css are not
>>> recognized immediately. i have played around with some web.xml
>>> config-settings, but i haven't had success yet.
>>> this way it takes a lot of time to create a whole new style, is'nt
>>> there
>>> a possibility to see immediately results after changes to the css an a
>>> page reload?
>>> does sombody have a hint for me? i would greatly appreciate some help.
>>> thanks in advance
>>> felix gonschorek

View raw message