From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: Templating with trinidad once more
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:48:07 GMT
>From: "Matthias Wessendorf" <matzew@apache.org>
>
> Hello Kuno,
>
> > I'd like use a basic template feature with trinidad and like to inform
> > me about the actual situation of this issue. I've found a statement of
> > Matthias Wessendorf, he states that one should use facelets. However,
> > facelets isn't a standard. Furthermore, I couldn't find any examples
>
> well, not a standard in the meaning of JCP, but build on-top of JSF
> and very close
> to JSF, compared to other stuff like Tiles (the creator of Facelets is
> part of the JSF 1.2 EG).
>
> An example of using Trinidad + Facelets is here:
> http://code.google.com/p/facesgoodies/
>
> (and some other stuff)
>
> > with trinidad and my migrated JSF examples didn't work ("illegal
> > component hierarchy detected, expected UIXCommand but found another type
> > of component instead."). I reckon, it might be a problem with nested
> > forms, however, this would be another entry...
>

> Meaning
>
><form>
>   <form>
>   </form>
></form>
>?

> ?
> This is invalid in HTML and using Apache MyFaces as your JSF runtine,
> you will get a warning, when nesting the corresponding
> components (no idea, what the RI tells you).
>
> > In my opinion, this is more than one reason do not move to facelets. Are
>
> That's up to you. There is also Clay, also close to JSF, since was
> developed having JSF in mind. Gary, might know how good Clay is
> working w/ Trinidad.

In my experience, Clay and Trinidad work well together.  There is a sample testbed project
in the Shale sandbox that shows this integration [1].  I hoped to create a shale maven archetype
out of this effort similar to the shale-archetype-blank [2] but haven't made time yet. However,
I'm not a member of the JSF EG nor do I work for the Oracle ADF faces runtime group.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/sandbox/shale-clay-trinidad/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/maven/trunk/archetypes/shale-archetype-blank/

> HTH,
> Matthias