From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JS-Exception in Common11-m7.js
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:51:36 GMT
I'd ask the Rico developers for some advice here.
Slamming Object.prototype means that they're
breaking everyone else's code of the form:

  for (var key in someObject)

It's certainly a fun way of manipulating JS, but
it's not very friendly towards integrating with
other JS libraries, something I think a lot of
DHTML developers either ignore or just don't
care about.

-- Adam

On 2/21/07, Christopher Cudennec <SmutjeJim@gmx.net> wrote:
> I assume you're right. We're using Rico for example which has the
> following lines of code:
>
> Object.prototype.extend = function(object) {
>     return Object.extend.apply(this, [this, object]);
>   }
>
> Is there any way to get around that? I'm afraid we can't hinder other
> libraries from using that mechanism, can we?
>
> Christopher
>
> Adam Winer schrieb:
> > I'm hypothesizing a JS library that is overriding Object.prototype, for
> > example, and making "extend" show up in our object in Firefox.
> > That'd be a pretty bad bug in that library...
> >
> > -- Adam
> >
> > On 2/19/07, Christopher Cudennec <SmutjeJim@gmx.net> wrote:
> >> Yes, a couple of. Do you think about a special one? Is there anything I
> >> can search for in these libraries? Although I stopped trying to use
> >> trinidad for the moment because I ran into too many problems, I'd
> >> definitely like to know where the problem is :)
> >>
> >> Christopher

> >> this

is a JS
> >> error