From "Danny Robinson" <dannyjrobin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with action attribute in jsf commandbutton
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:22:05 GMT
I'd take a guess here and say that the Update button isn't firing because
the backing bean is instantiated each request.  Hence the attribute you're
relying on to decide if the Update button should be rendered is also getting
reset.  It works fine for enabling the Update button because the submit of
the Edit button is changing this value and then the Update button is reading
the changed value in its rendered attribute.  From memory JSF or Trinidad is
coded such that the rendered attribute will be checked at each submit and
because your newly instantiated bean is saying don't render, it won't bother
firing the action because it believes the button isn't actually shown at
present.

Hope this helps,

Danny

On 2/13/07, Mistry, Apurva <amistry@nsf.org> wrote:

> Forgot to mention this....
> If I add the bean in session scope in faces-config, the action is called
> upon.
> however i required it to be in request scope. Why would it work in session
> and not request.
> thanks

Chordiant Software Inc.
www.chordiant.com