From Christopher Cudennec <Smutje...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: JS-Exception in Common11-m7.js
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:03:05 GMT
After searching the rico forum I found this entry:

http://forum.openrico.org/topic/966#1889 (forum seems to be down at the
moment, hopefully will be up again soon ;))

That issue seems to be fixed in newer versions. Unfortunately we can't
upgrade to a new version of the library right now - so integration of
trinidad must be postponed for us.

Thanks for the hints.

Christopher

Adam Winer schrieb:
> I'd ask the Rico developers for some advice here.
> Slamming Object.prototype means that they're
> breaking everyone else's code of the form:
>
>  for (var key in someObject)
>
> It's certainly a fun way of manipulating JS, but
> it's not very friendly towards integrating with
> other JS libraries, something I think a lot of
> DHTML developers either ignore or just don't
> care about.
>
> -- Adam
>

> On 2/21/07, Christopher Cudennec <SmutjeJim@gmx.net> wrote:
>> I assume you're right. We're using Rico for example which has the
>> following lines of code:
>>
>> Object.prototype.extend = function(object) {
>>     return Object.extend.apply(this, [this, object]);
>>   }
>>
>> Is there any way to get around that? I'm afraid we can't hinder other
>> libraries from using that mechanism, can we?
>>
>> Christopher
>>
>> Adam Winer schrieb:
>> > I'm hypothesizing a JS library that is overriding Object.prototype,
>> for
>> > example, and making "extend" show up in our object in Firefox.
>> > That'd be a pretty bad bug in that library...
>> >
>> > -- Adam

>> anything I

is a JS
I get