From Christopher Cudennec <Smutje...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: news for MYFACES-1342?
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:18:00 GMT
One more thing:

the character encoding definitely is null because of the following lines
of code (FaceletViewHandler.createResponseWriter, line 382)

       // get the encoding
        String encoding = null;

        // Create a dummy ResponseWriter with a bogus writer,
        // so we can figure out what content type the ReponseWriter
        // is really going to ask for
        ResponseWriter writer = renderKit.createResponseWriter(
                NullWriter.Instance, contentType, encoding);

        contentType = getResponseContentType(context,
writer.getContentType());
        encoding = getResponseEncoding(context,
writer.getCharacterEncoding());

        // apply them to the response
        response.setContentType(contentType + "; charset=" + encoding);

        // removed 2005.8.23 to comply with J2EE 1.3
        // response.setCharacterEncoding(encoding);

        // Now, clone with the real writer
        writer = writer.cloneWithWriter(response.getWriter());

As far as I can see the character encoding is not set for writer. It's
set to null initially and not set to another value or 'encoding' after it.

A bug for sun?

Cheers,

Christopher