From "Causevic, Dzenan" <dcause...@navisite.com>
Subject RE: Must refresh page to get returnListener value from dialogs
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:16:06 GMT
Where exactly is that email message?
Maybe I missed some details

_______________________________
Dzenan Causevic
Web Applications Developer
NaviSite, Inc.
315-453-2912 x5346 (Office)
315-278-7371 (Cell)
www.NaviSite.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 8:45 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Must refresh page to get returnListener value from dialogs

On 2/22/07, Causevic, Dzenan <dcausevic@navisite.com> wrote:
> Anybody any idea why I have to do hard refresh in order for page to
> display the values?

Yes - I think I explained that in my e-mail message.
You need to use partialTriggers (part of partial-page
rendering) to tell Trinidad what to redraw when
the return happens.

-- Adam

> Also I noticed that page blinks once the external window is closed but
> it is obviously not enough, so the browser Refresh button needs to be
> clicked on.
>

> _______________________________
> Dzenan Causevic
> Web Applications Developer
> NaviSite, Inc.
> 315-453-2912 x5346 (Office)
> 315-278-7371 (Cell)
> www.NaviSite.com

Submit
> button, and the message (success or failure) to be displayed in the
> parent window from which external window was originally called. I use
> returnListener for this however my problem is I have to refresh the
page
> to see the message. After I submit send button, external window
closes,
> but the message is not being displayed on the parent page. I have to
> refresh the page it in order to be able to see it.
>
> loginJSF.jsp is a parent page:
>                       <h:panelGroup>
>

> binding="#{passwordRetrDialog.output}"
>                                          rendered="false"/>
>
> inlineStyle="margin-left:10px;"
>                                           action="dialog:passwordRetr"
>                                           text="Forgot your password?"
>                                           useWindow="true"
> windowWidth="500"
>                                           partialSubmit="true"
>
> returnListener="#{passwordRetrDialog.returned}"/>
>                       </h:panelGroup>
>
> passwordRetrJSF.jsp is JSF page that opens in external window:
>                      <h:panelGroup>
>                           <h:outputText escape="false"
value="<!--Enter
> E-mail -->" />
>                           <h:outputText id="userName2L"
> styleClass="labelText" value="E-mail*" />
>                           <h:inputText id="User_Name2TI_R"
> styleClass="inputText" value="#{passwordRetr.userName}" />
> action="#{passwordRetr.send}" text="Submit"
> inlineStyle="margin-left:10px;" />
>                       </h:panelGroup>
>
> PasswordRetrBean.java:
> import org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.context.RequestContext;
>
> public class PasswordRetrBean {
>
>     private String _userName;
>
>     /** Creates a new instance of PasswordRetrBean */
>     public PasswordRetrBean() {
>         setUserName("address@host");
>     }
>
>     public String getUserName() {
>         return _userName;
>     }
>
>     public void setUserName(String userName) {
>         this._userName = userName;
>     }
>
>     public String send()
>     {
>         String firstPart = "first part ";
>         String secondPart = " second part";
>         // check if user name is valid using getUserName()
>         // if yes then
>             // firstPart = "something ";
>             // secondPart = " something";
>         // if no then
>             // firstPart = "something else ";
>             // secondPart = " something else";
>         // end of if statement

RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().returnFromDialog(firstPart+getUserNa
> me()+secondPart, null);
>         return null;
>     }
> }
>
> PasswordRetrDialogBean.java:
> import org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.event.ReturnEvent;
> import org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXOutput;
>
> public class PasswordRetrDialogBean {
>
>     private UIXOutput _output;
>
>     /** Creates a new instance of PasswordRetrDialogBean */
>     public PasswordRetrDialogBean() {
>         setOutput(null);
>     }
>
>     public UIXOutput getOutput() {
>         return _output;
>     }
>
>     public void setOutput(UIXOutput output) {
>         _output = output;
>     }
>
>     public void returned(ReturnEvent event)
>     {
>         if (event.getReturnValue() != null)
>         {
>             getOutput().setRendered((boolean)true);
>             getOutput().setValue(event.getReturnValue());
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> faces-managed-beans.xml:
>   <managed-bean>
>       <managed-bean-name>passwordRetr</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>com.navisite.view.beans.PasswordRetrBean</managed-be
> an-class>
>       <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
>   </managed-bean>
>   <managed-bean>
>       <managed-bean-name>passwordRetrDialog</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>com.navisite.view.beans.PasswordRetrDialogBean</mana