From "Sabina Albu" <sabina.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commandLink open new window
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:16:29 GMT
Thank you Matthias,

I did try your proposal and a couple other things and this is what I
came up with:
action="#{backingBean.performOpenWindow}"

onclick="window.open('./SummaryView.xhtml', 'summaryView',

'status=1,toolbar=1,location=0,titlebar=0,menubar=1,personalbar=1,width=800,height=500,hot

keys=0,resizable=1');">

And as described in the documentation I'm losing the PageFlowScope
from the original

window.

One thing that is not really clear to me is the scope of the bean when using

PageFlowScope. However the PageFlowScope documentation states clearly:
" "page flow"

cannot be used as a <managed-bean-scope>."

Also, is there a way to open a non-modal popup window, like
"dialog:summaryView", so that I can take advantage of PageFlowScope
and navigation, and still have my second window

Sabina