From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shale and dialog framework
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:21:29 GMT
On 1/29/07, Meyer, Stefan <S.Meyer@s2neueinformatik.de> wrote:

> The Viewcontroller does not work well with the dialog framework, because
> the lifecycle methods are called on the popup view bean for the parent
> and child request and not at all for the launching view. Fixing this
> would maybe mean, that the action outcome cannot define the view to
> present in the popup.

Stefan,

I am not sure I quite get what you mean here.

My assumption, when you are using a popup, is that you'll be using client
side JavaScript to actually create the popup.  Here's a snippet of code from
our "shale-test-dialog-basic" and "shale-test-dialog-scxml" test
applications that does it:

','popup','height=600,width=400')"/>

Note that this does *not* send back a request for the calling view (the page
in which the JavaScript above was embedded), so there is no reason to invoke
any callback methods for it.  This request will open a new window, and the
callbacks for the "menu.faces" page will be called as expected.

What part of this behavior is not working for you?

Craig