From "Brian Smith" <unobri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem creating Facelet component using Trinidad
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:37:32 GMT
Chris, I think it has to do with the NavigationPane expecting a
commandNavigationItem only as its direct child.  It will blow up if it see
something it does not recognize.  With ui:repeat, a ui:repeat "component"
gets built into the tree at build time and its children (the
commandNavigationItems) are read a render time.  Since NavigationPane does
not recognize the ui:repeat component, it blows up.  With c:foreach, it is
evaluated at during the tree building and only the products of its iteration
(the commandNavigationItems) are built into the tree.

I think I have that right.

Thanks again for helping out and the luck.

-Brian