From "Chris Lowe" <chris.lowe...@gmail.com>
Subject CSS Conditional Comments Bug?
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 23:16:43 GMT
Hi,

I have some CSS conditional comments in my facelets code:

<!--[if IE 6]>
<![endif]-->

However, when this is rendered I get a spaces introduced around the
opening/closing comments:

<!-- [if IE 6]>
<![endif] -->

This prevents the CSS conditional from being parsed in IE.

After some snooping, I found the problem lies in the class
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.HtmlResponseWriter, lines 292 and
294: <http://org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io>

  @Override
  public void writeComment(Object comment) throws IOException
  {
    if (comment != null)
    {
      _closeStartIfNecessary();
      _out.write("<!-- ");
      _out.write(comment.toString());
      _out.write(" -->");
    }
  }

Should this method be adding spaces?  Should I raise a case / submit a patch
for this?

Regards,

Chris.