From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Shale and dialog framework
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:37:03 GMT
On 29-Jan-07, at 2:21 PM, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> On 1/29/07, Meyer, Stefan <S.Meyer@s2neueinformatik.de> wrote:
>> The Viewcontroller does not work well with the dialog framework,
>> because
>> the lifecycle methods are called on the popup view bean for the
>> parent
>> and child request and not at all for the launching view. Fixing this
>> would maybe mean, that the action outcome cannot define the view to
>> present in the popup.
>
> Stefan,
>
> I am not sure I quite get what you mean here.
>
> My assumption, when you are using a popup, is that you'll be using
> client
> side JavaScript to actually create the popup.  Here's a snippet of
> code from
> our "shale-test-dialog-basic" and "shale-test-dialog-scxml" test
> applications that does it:

> ','popup','height=600,width=400')"/>
>
> Note that this does *not* send back a request for the calling view
> (the page
> in which the JavaScript above was embedded), so there is no reason
> to invoke
> any callback methods for it.  This request will open a new window,
> and the
> callbacks for the "menu.faces" page will be called as expected.
>
> What part of this behavior is not working for you?
>
> Craig

I think the OP is talking about how Shale's View Controller
functionality interacts with Trinidad's dialog framework, which
relies on PPR and has a somewhat more involved request/response
structure.

Stefan, I'd suggest putting together a minimal test application that
demonstrates the problem and posting it as a WAR file in JIRA. A
possibly unintended interaction between features from two different
frameworks will be tough to diagnose without a testcase.

L.
--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie