From "magdolna holitska" <mholits...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: commandLink open new window
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:10:03 GMT
Hi all,

Thank you for your input. I might need to go down the path suggested by
Stefan.

However, before that, I would like to try to take advantage if the
"PageFlowScope" suggested in the Trinidad documentation:
http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/devguide/communicatingBetweenPages.html

Here is my question: Is there a way to open a non-modal (non-dialog) window
from a current window using the "PageFlowScope"? Or was it exclusively meant
to be used by dialogs only?

The requirement for my application is to open multiple instances of the same
screen, each with its own set of parameters. By reading the documentation
about "PageFlowScope" I got the impression that it was designed to handle
these cases.

Thank you,
Magdolna

>From: "Meyer, Stefan" <S.Meyer@S2neueinformatik.de>
>To: <adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org>
>Subject: AW: commandLink open new window
>Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:11:11 +0100
>
>If you want to launch a modeless dialog from a link, you can do it this
>way:
>
>		<h:outputLink
>onclick="window.open('','WindowName','width=700px,height=500px,resizable=true,scrollbars=yes');"

>destination="/popup.jsf" targetFrame="name">
>		</h:outputLink>
>
>To parse the parameters I use the ViewController from shale. I use a
>non-faces request because the link is embedded in a tr:form whose target is
>the current window.

Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping
http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805