From "magdolna holitska" <mholits...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Drop down list issue when using EL
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:52:05 GMT
Hi Adam,

Thanks a lot for the reply.
The reason I tried that is to actually do a check for null value.

In my code I have something like:
	value="#{a.b.c}"

As I understood from the EL documentation - if a.b is null, a.b.c should
automatically resolve to null.

However in my code, if a.b is null it fails with the error:
	javax.servlet.ServletException:
	Target Unreachable, 'b' returned null
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:202)

What would be the best way to get around it?
Thanks again,

Regards,
Magdolna

>From: "Adam Winer" <awiner@gmail.com>
>To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Drop down list issue when using EL
>Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 16:19:20 -0800
>
>A value expression like #{true ? ... : ...} is not writable -
>if you call ValueBinding.isReadOnly(), it returns true.
>As a result, Trinidad automatically turns the
>selectOneChoice to readOnly mode.
>
>For a writable EL expression, you have to just point
>at a bean property.
>
>-- Adam
>

>On 1/9/07, magdolna holitska <mholitska3@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>I have a drop down list and I am trying to set the value selectively.
>>Whenever I use EL in the code, the drop down list disappears and instead,
>>it
>>has the appearance of an output text.
>>Any hints?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Magdolna
>>

>>Here is a simple example:

>>Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping
>>http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805

Your opinion matters. Please tell us what you think and be entered into a
draw for a grand prize of $500 or one of 20 $50 cash prizes.
http://www.youthographyinsiders.com/R.aspx?a=116