From "magdolna holitska" <mholits...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom messages for converters
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:32:35 GMT
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for pointing that out to update to a newer version of Trinidad, I
will follow your advice.

Also, I tried to override CONVERT_BOTH_detail, but no luck yet.
I will try again after I switch to the new version.

However, the description in the messageDetailConvertBoth attribute really
caught my eye:
"... if pattern is not set or is null".
To me this sounds like if the pattern is set and not null, the message
customization is ignored.
Just something I felt that I should point out.

Thank you for all your help,
Magdolna

>From: "Matthias Wessendorf" <matzew@apache.org>
>To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Custom messages for converters
>Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:17:49 +0100

>   type="both"
>   messageDetailConvertBoth="Well,the value ({1}) is not really in a
>propper format, like {2}"
>  />
>
>works for me w/ latest trinidad (check the trunk)
>
>the messageDetailConvertBoth works, only when type is both and pattern not
>set
>(means don't provide the pattern attr)
>
>have u tried to override
>
>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.convert.DateTimeConverter.CONVERT_BOTH_detail
>
>?
>

>regarding "convertBothMessageDetail" we changed them during october 2006
>(tracked in Jira)
>
>-M
>
>On 1/24/07, magdolna holitska <mholitska3@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Hello Matthias,
>>
>>Thank you so much for responding.
>>
>>In the Trinidad documentation and demo source I have seen the attribute
>>messageDetailConvertBoth, but interestingly, it didn't seem to do anything
>>for me ...
>>
>>However, convertBothMessageDetail (found in adf documentation) did work:
>>convertBothMessageDetail="Well,
>>the value ({1}) is not really in a propper format, like {2}"/>
>>
>>The problem is, that if I add the attribute pattern (pattern="MMM-dd-yyyy
>>HH:mm:ss") the custom message stops working.
>>
>>If you look at the trinidad api, they even specify in the description for
>>the attribute messageDetailConvertBoth:
>>"... when type is set to 'both' and pattern is not set or is null"
>>(http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_convertDateTime.html)
>>
>>Is there a way to have both pattern as well as customized messages?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Magdolna
>>

>> >From: "Matthias Wessendorf" <matzew@apache.org>
>> >To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
>> >Subject: Re: Custom messages for converters
>> >Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:50:32 +0100
>> >
>> >note that the type is by default "date"
>> >
>> >you need to do something like

>> >value ({1}) is not really in a propper format, like {2}"/>

>>converters.

>> >--
>> >Matthias Wessendorf
>> >http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
>> >
>> >further stuff:
>> >blog: http://jroller.com/page/mwessendorf
>> >mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

>>Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
>>Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA
>>

>--
>Matthias Wessendorf
>http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
>
>further stuff:
>blog: http://jroller.com/page/mwessendorf
>mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping
http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805