From "magdolna holitska" <mholits...@hotmail.com>
Subject Custom messages for converters
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:32:25 GMT
Hi all,

I have been trying, unsuccessfully to customize the error messages generated
by a date/time converter (tr:convertDateTime).

- I tried to add the message id to my resources file
(org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.convert.DateTimeConverter.CONVERT_BOTH)
- I tried to use the attribute convertBothMessageDetail
- I tried to create my own converter class by extending Trinidad converter
and use the setConvertBothMessageDetail method to set the custom message

It appears that it only works if I don't set the pattern.
As soon as I am setting the pattern I get a default validation text (The
value "xxx" is not a valid date. Valid example: "Nov-29-2005 15:45:24".)

Validator messages seem to be easily customizable, but not converters.
Could please someone point out what I am missing here?

Thank you,
Magdolna

Windows Live Spaces: share your New Year pictures!
http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA