From "magdolna holitska" <mholits...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom messages for converters
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:56:11 GMT
Hello Matthias,

Thank you so much for responding.

In the Trinidad documentation and demo source I have seen the attribute
messageDetailConvertBoth, but interestingly, it didn't seem to do anything
for me ...

However, convertBothMessageDetail (found in adf documentation) did work:
the value ({1}) is not really in a propper format, like {2}"/>

The problem is, that if I add the attribute pattern (pattern="MMM-dd-yyyy
HH:mm:ss") the custom message stops working.

If you look at the trinidad api, they even specify in the description for
the attribute messageDetailConvertBoth:
"... when type is set to 'both' and pattern is not set or is null"
(http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_convertDateTime.html)

Is there a way to have both pattern as well as customized messages?

Thank you,
Magdolna

>From: "Matthias Wessendorf" <matzew@apache.org>
>To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Custom messages for converters
>Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:50:32 +0100
>
>note that the type is by default "date"
>
>you need to do something like

>value ({1}) is not really in a propper format, like {2}"/>
>

>On 1/24/07, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
>>On 1/24/07, magdolna holitska <mholitska3@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have been trying, unsuccessfully to customize the error messages
>>generated
>> > by a date/time converter (tr:convertDateTime).
>> >
>> > - I tried to add the message id to my resources file
>> > (org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.convert.DateTimeConverter.CONVERT_BOTH)
>>
>>_detail
>>

>> > - I tried to use the attribute convertBothMessageDetail
>>
>>attributes renamed to
>>
>>-messageDetailConvertBoth
>>-messageDetailConvertDate
>>-messageDetailConvertTime
>>

>> > - I tried to create my own converter class by extending Trinidad
>>converter
>> > and use the setConvertBothMessageDetail method to set the custom
>>message
>> >
>> > It appears that it only works if I don't set the pattern.
>> > As soon as I am setting the pattern I get a default validation text
>>(The
>> > value "xxx" is not a valid date. Valid example: "Nov-29-2005
>>15:45:24".)
>> >
>> > Validator messages seem to be easily customizable, but not converters.
>> > Could please someone point out what I am missing here?
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > Magdolna

>> > Windows Live Spaces: share your New Year pictures!
>> > http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA
>> >

>>--
>>Matthias Wessendorf
>>http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
>>
>>further stuff:
>>blog: http://jroller.com/page/mwessendorf
>>mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com
>>

>--
>Matthias Wessendorf
>http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
>
>further stuff:
>blog: http://jroller.com/page/mwessendorf
>mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA