From "magdolna holitska" <mholits...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Table refresh problem when using dialog
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:20:07 GMT
Hi all,

Did anyone had a chance to have a look at the issue I am having below?

Here are a few more details:

In the example below I am trying to add one row to a table using PPR.
The command link that opens the dialog is inside the table, in each row.
When the dialog returns a new row should be added to the table,
but for some reason this isn't happening.

However, if I refresh with the browser, the row is added.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Magdolna

>From: "magdolna holitska" <mholitska3@hotmail.com>
>To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Table refresh problem when using dialog
>Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:01:27 -0500
>
>Hello,
>
>I have a table containing numbers and a link: "Add New".
>When the user clicks on the link, a new number will be added to the table.
>

>The problem I have is:
>If I have the link outside the table, the number will be added to the list
>and the table will be refreshed properly.
>
>At the other hand, when I place the command link inside the table, the
>number will be added to the list, but the table is not refreshed with the
>new value.
>
>I only noticed this behaviour when I am using it with dialogs. If I just
>use an ActionEvent instead of a ReturnEvent, it works fine.
>
>This is just a simple example that I prepared to point out the issue, but
>of course in the real application I do have values that I am passing and
>retrieving from the dialog.
>
>I also pasted the code below.
>

>Thank you in advance.
>Regards,
>Magdolna
>

>Example.xhtml:
>                        useWindow="true" windowWidth="300"
>windowHeight="400"
>                        partialSubmit="true" action="dialog:numDialog"
>                        returnListener="#{exampleBean.numDialogReturned}"/>
>                partialTriggers="cmdIn cmdOut" width="20%">
>                                useWindow="true" windowWidth="300"
>windowHeight="400"
>                                partialSubmit="true"
>action="dialog:numDialog"
>
>returnListener="#{exampleBean.numDialogReturned}"/>
>
>ExampleBean.java:
>    private List<Integer> numList;
>    private int num = 100;
>
>    public List<Integer> getNumList() {
>        if (numList == null) {
>            numList = new ArrayList();
>        }
>        System.out.println("numList: ("+numList.size()+"): "+numList);
>        return numList;
>    }
>    public void numDialogReturned(ReturnEvent event) {
>        System.out.println("--- RETURN");
>        Boolean isAdd = (Boolean)event.getReturnValue();
>        if (isAdd)
>            numList.add(new Integer(num++));
>    }
>
>    // DIALOG
>    public void performOK(ActionEvent e) {
>        logger.debug("Click OK ");
>        RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().returnFromDialog(true,null);
>    }
>    public void performCancel(ActionEvent e) {
>        logger.debug("Click Cancel ");
>        RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().returnFromDialog(false,null);
>    }
>
>NumDialog.xhtml
>actionListener="#{equipmentDetailBean.performOK}"/>
>actionListener="#{equipmentDetailBean.performCancel}"/>

>Discover Live.ca, the search engine by the creators of Windows Live
>Messenger http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca

Share your opinion and enter to win! Please complete this survey to enter
into a draw for a grand prize of $500 or one of twenty $50 cash prizes.
http://www.youthographyinsiders.com/R.aspx?a=116