From "magdolna holitska" <mholits...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Custom messages for converters
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:26:45 GMT
Hi Anshuman,

You could just try something like:

As the message is set in the converter you could use if-else logic or
something similar to set different messages. Note that you don't have to
hard code the actual messages, you can still store them externally in a
properties file - same for the pattern.

Regards,
Magdolna

>From: "Anshuman Abhishek Roy" <anshuman.roy@in.ness.com>
>To: <adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: Custom messages for converters
>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:54:05 +0530

Nice suggestion Matthias.

But then how do we configure this new datetime converter class in your faces
application.

is it via using something like this:
<converter>

<converter-id>javax.faces.DateTime</converter-id>

<converter-class>test.converter.CustomDateTimeConverter</converter-class>

</converter>

in the faces-config.xml?

One more thing this will lead to the problem of what if I want to display
different messages in different places for the same <tr:convertDatetime>?

Can it be done programatically by catching hold of the UIXComponent and then
setXXX() methods on to the UIXComponent?

regards,
Anshuman