From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@quovadx.com>
Subject partialTriggers not updating
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 22:00:02 GMT
I have an autoSubmit field and in its valueChangeListener, I update a
whole bunch of other fields on a page. In order to get around validation
problems (recently discussed), I did what Adam implied earlier today:
put immediate="true" on the component and then use renderResponse() in
the listener. Makes sense that that would do what I want, given my
understanding of the lifecycle: (avoid validations and go directly to
redisplaying the new data)

Unfortunately, all is not well. My handler changes all the backing bean
class members tied to the components (just strings, nothing fancy), and
all the components are set with
partialTriggers="theAutoSubmitComponent". Seems simple

I see in the debugger that the fields are being changed in the listener,
but the fields are never updated on the UI. The old data is still there.
Worse, when I eventually submit the form, JSF goes through the Update
Model Values phase and changes my backing bean members BACK to the old
incorrect values.

I'm not sure what's wrong. Is changing the backing members insufficient.
Do I also have to change the internal value of the component (as
described here:
http://groundside.com/blog/DuncanMills.php?title=when_ppr_doesn_t_see_to
_work&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1) Does short-circuiting the lifecycle as I
described above prevent partialTriggers from firing? When does it fire?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Dan