From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@Quovadx.com>
Subject RE: autoSubmit + immediate + validations
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:56:33 GMT
I'm working on it. It's hard to nail down exactly when this bug appears.
Let me ask a question of the experts:

What's supposed to happen in the following case?

1. Make a form with one simple required af:inputText, one other
af:inputText that is has autosubmit set, and a third non-required
af:inputText that is only there as a place to park the focus.
2. Leave the first field empty and change the value in the autoSubmit
field.
3. Click on the parking field. The autoSubmit will trigger.

NOW, should the required text field display the validation error
immediately? Or should it look as though nothing happened and only
display the error if you actually do a full submit on the form.

What I see is that sometimes it does one and sometimes it does the
other. I can't explain it. If I knew which was the "correct behavior" I
may be able to nail down why the other happens. I think there may be
multiple bugs here. This bug may or may not be related to the bug I
originally asked about. Never a dull moment...

Help!
Dan