From "Todd Cantalupo" <Todd.Cantal...@chordiant.com>
Subject RE: <tr:panelList> not recognizing "visible" children
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:51:17 GMT
Thanks Brian.  I tried the c:forEach, which did give me a truer <ul>
structure but it embedded a <table> inside of each <li> and that takes
longer to render.

I think I'll go with the nested <ul>'s for client performance over the
nested <table>'s.

Thanks,
Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Smith [mailto:unobriani@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 4:32 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: <tr:panelList> not recognizing "visible" children

It seems to me like you last example should work as long as
xMsgBean.msgTextrefers to a DataModel or CollectionModel

                             styleClass="refAreaText"
                             value="#{foo.text}" />

If not, it may have to do with the timing of tr:iterator, you may want
try a c:forEach which also should work since all the tr:panelList will
see
only the inputs that are returned from c:forEach

On 1/26/07, Todd Cantalupo <Todd.Cantalupo@chordiant.com> wrote:

> Hey -
>

> I'm attempting to produce a simple, unordered list, whose number of
> bullets are determined dynamically.
>

> So, what I want to produce is what is visually produced by this block
of
> code:

> styleClass="refAreaText"
>
>                               value="#{foo.text}" />

> Although this produces the desired visual effect (with too much white
> space in between bullets), it isn't what I want.
>

> Here's what I've tried and they all give me ONE bullet with either all
> of the strings on one line or ONE bullet with x number of new lines
for
> that ONE bullet.  Any input is greatly appreciated.

>                   <ui:repeat value="#{xMsgBean.msgText}" var="foo">

> styleClass="refAreaText"
>
>                               value="#{foo.text}"></tr:inputText>
>
>                   </ui:repeat>

>                   <ui:repeat value="#{xMsgBean.msgText}" var="foo">

> text="#{foo.text}" />
>
>                   </ui:repeat>

> styleClass="refAreaText"
>
>                               value="#{foo.text}" />

> The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of
> Chordiant Software or its customers and is intended only for use to
the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
message
> is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
review,
> retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of,
or
> taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly
contact
> the sender and delete the material from your computer.

The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.