From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject RE: Maintaining selected tab
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:57:42 GMT

     A little more info on this...

     When I select a tab and navigate to the next page, the panelTabbed
is defaulted back to showing the first tab.  But if I navigate back to
the first page again, then the panelTabbed is showing the tab that I
selected before.  It seems as though the state is being kept, but only
page-by-page instead of for ALL pages that include that component and
bind it to the same CorePabelTabbed.

     Any ideas of what I'm missing here??  Thanks...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: David Brunette [mailto:David.Brunette@chordiant.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:13 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Maintaining selected tab

     Hi.

     I have two simple pages, both of which have a simple
On the first page, I select a different tab and then click a button that
will navigate me to the second page.  When the second page loads, I
would like to have the selected tab be the same as the one that was
selected when I submitted from the first page.

     I tried to do this by binding the <tr:panelTabbed /> components on
each page to the same property in my session-scoped bean, but when the
second page loads, I am always defaulted to the first tab again.  Does
anybody know how I can keep track of which tab is selected for my
panelTabbed component across different pages?  Thanks...

Dave

public class KeepTabStateBean {

      private CorePanelTabbed tabs;

      public final CorePanelTabbed getTabs() {

            return tabs;

      }

      public final void setTabs(CorePanelTabbed tabs) {

            this.tabs = tabs;

      }

}

The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of
Chordiant Software or its customers and is intended only for use to the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is
The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.