From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject RE: Converting BigDecimal to Long in <TR:Table>
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:06:34 GMT

     Hi.  I actually ran into the same problem myself.  There is a Jira issue created and
a patch submitted to fix this...  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-336  I'm not
sure when it will be committed to the code base.  For the time being, we are using what Adam
is suggesting (writing the bean to present a Long, and convert to/from BigDecimal as necessary),
but at some point you should be able to use a BigDecimal with the regular Trinidad converters.

Dave

________________________________

From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 1/4/2007 3:09 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org; Anshuman Abhishek Roy
Subject: Re: Converting BigDecimal to Long in <TR:Table>

I'd have to look around to see where you could get an off-the-shelf
BigDecimal Converter, but one option you always have is writing
a small adapter layer.  You can't change the underlying business
object, but you *can* write a bean that wraps up the business
object and presents a long instead of a bigdecimal.  A proper
converter is a better option, though, since you won't run a
risk of exceeding legal values.

I'm not sure where you got converter="BigDecimalConverter"
from... you do have to pick something that really is the ID
of a converter.

-- Adam

On 1/3/07, Anshuman Abhishek Roy <anshuman.roy@in.ness.com> wrote:

> I tried to add converter="BigDecimalConverter" but now I am getting a null
> pointer exception. Is there anything I m missing in this...
>
> regards,
> Anshuman

The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.