From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Required alert message as text message
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:36:25 GMT
If you want turn off client side validation, do in trinidad-config.xml

<client-validation-disabled>true</client-validation-disabled>

Otherwise if you like to have client side enabled, but no alert window,
you have to hack the js.

the alert isn't just a simple alert. Under the hoods, we have
clientside javascript objects of the validators (have a validate()
method) and also TrFacesMessage objects

the _multiValidate calls the validate() method for all client side
validators (also does the required check)

the FormRenderer renders out the _muliValidate() and also the _validationAlert
which show the complete error string in one alert

(like
_validationAlert('Fehler bei Formularvalidierung:'+fl)
)

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh