From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] any alternative to t:saveState
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2007 05:51:30 GMT
t:saveState, IIRC, doesn't actually push data contents
using hidden fields.  It just rides along with JSF state
saving. If JSF state saving is configured to push all the state
into a big hidden field, then t:saveState ends up
doing that.

So, used in conjunction with Trinidad, t:saveState
would save that state on the server (in the session),
with that some token on the client identifying it.

The functionality that Trinidad provides which
is a sort of alternative to t:saveState is
pageFlowScope.

You can use t:saveState with Trinidad;  the
only glitch is that you have to turn off
View Root Caching, which is a really nice
optimization Trinidad has for state saving
that unfortunately conflicts with t:saveState;
you turn it off with the:
  org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CACHE_VIEW_ROOT
web.xml config parameter.

-- Adam