From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: partialTriggers not updating
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:25:29 GMT
OK, well here's one more bit of fun:  you can't just update
the backing bean and have components refresh.  You
need to call UIXEditableValue.resetValue() on each
component too, to get them to forget the submitted value
and go back to the model.  Basically, the same code
that is helping you redisplay incorrect values when
validation fails is here getting in the way.

In JSF 1.2, the invokeOnComponent() API will give
us some much better ways around this problem
by limiting the lifecycle of the original autoSubmit.

-- Adam