From Christopher Cudennec <Smutje...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in PartialPageUtils
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:44:08 GMT
Hi,

yes, JSF-Spring is the SF-project by mindmatters, you're right. I'd like
to provide you with some code to get some more ideas about the problem:

======= 1 Javascript error by Firefox ===========
Fehler: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Node was not found"  code:
"8" nsresult: "0x80530008 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_FOUND_ERR)"  location:
"http://localhost:8080/op/adf/jsLibs/Common11-m7.js;jsessionid=D568F59ACE9507B6F93BC15A8C8DD029

Line: 4106"]

======= 2 Exception when using IE7 ===========
As I stated before I get a different behaviour when using IE7. After
changing the configuration (you were right, I didn't have the filter
installed) I get a different exception. I must have thought it was the
old NPE from before.

O ERROR 2007-01-23 13:30:56 DispatcherServlet: Could not complete request
java.lang.NullPointerException: charsetName
       at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init>(OutputStreamWriter.java:81)
       at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:189)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.addParameterToHref(HtmlLinkRendererBase.ja

va:440)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.addChildParametersToHref(HtmlLinkRendererB

ase.java:378)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.renderOutputLinkStart(HtmlLinkRendererBase

.java:394)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.encodeBegin(HtmlLinkRendererBase.java:101)

       at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:512)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChild(RendererUtils.java:433)

       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChildren(RendererUtils.java:419)

       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.renderkit.html.HtmlGroupRendererBase.encodeEnd(HtmlGroupRendererBase.java:

======= 3 snip from my web.xml ===========
<!-- TRINIDAD START -->
 <!-- FaceletViewHandler configuration -->
 <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER</param-name>
   <param-value>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</param-value>
 </context-param>

 <filter>
   <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter</filter-class>

 </filter>

 <filter-mapping>
   <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>
   <servlet-name>dispatcher</servlet-name>
 </filter-mapping>

 <!-- Faces Servlet -->
 <!-- commented out because we use the JSF-Spring Dispatcher Servlet -->
 <!-- <servlet>
   <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
 </servlet>  -->

 <!-- resource loader servlet -->
 <servlet>
   <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet</servlet-class>

 </servlet>

 <!-- Faces Servlet Mappings -->
 <!-- <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>