From Jochen Traunecker <madnec...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Trinidad] TreeTable: right place to update backingbean in processing lifecylce?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:16:43 GMT
Background:
I use a TreeTable backed by some TableModel created in a session scoped backing bean (sessionbean):

The treemodel is created by querying some database and I want to present the user always the
latest state of the data stored in the database (no refresh button, etc.). So whenever the
user interacts with the browser/Server, like expanding/collapsing some node I want to present
the latest database state. In addition I want to inform the user, if he tried to expand some
treenode that does not exist anymore (as some other user deleted it in the meantime)

Questions:
a) Am I right, that within the entire JSF-Request processing lifecycle backingbeans/datamodels
should be updated AFTER INVOKE_APPLICATION?
b) Is registering some rowDisclosureListener an appropriate way to check, that all nodes in
RowDisclosureEvent.addedSet are still valid

BEFORE RESTORE_VIEW(1)
AFTER RESTORE_VIEW(1)
BEFORE - APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES(2)
      sessionbean.getTreeModel invoked by JSF-Framework (treemodel might contain stale data
with respect to the database)
AFTER APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES(2)
BEFORE PROCESS_VALIDATIONS(3)
AFTER PROCESS_VALIDATIONS(3)
BEFORE UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES(4)
AFTER UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES(4)
BEFORE INVOKE_APPLICATION(5)
* DisclosureEvent fired - get all nodes from event and check, if they are still valid with
respect to the database
* Inform user (update some information text field, etc.)  that node can not be expanded as
it is deleted by some other user
 AFTER INVOKE_APPLICATION(5)
* update sessionbean treemodel with data from database (right place?)
 BEFORE RENDER_RESPONSE(6)
 sessionbean.getTreeModel invoked by JSF-Framework (treemodel contains up-to-date data)
  AFTER RENDER_RESPONSE(6)