From "Kunze, Anton" <a.ku...@s2neueinformatik.de>
Subject RE: Required alert message as text message
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:14:57 GMT
Hello Matthias,

thank you for the quick reply :-)

--

Anton Kunze
Entwicklung

a.kunze@s2neueinformatik.de
T: +49.40.80 81 69-630
F: +49.40.80 81 69-808

SinnerSchrader Neue Informatik
>> Software. Design. Interfaces.
http://www.s2neueinformatik.de/

-----Original Message-----
From: mwessendorf@gmail.com [mailto:mwessendorf@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Matthias Wessendorf
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 11:36 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Required alert message as text message

If you want turn off client side validation, do in trinidad-config.xml

<client-validation-disabled>true</client-validation-disabled>

Otherwise if you like to have client side enabled, but no alert window,
you have to hack the js.

the alert isn't just a simple alert. Under the hoods, we have
clientside javascript objects of the validators (have a validate()
method) and also TrFacesMessage objects

the _multiValidate calls the validate() method for all client side
validators (also does the required check)

the FormRenderer renders out the _muliValidate() and also the
_validationAlert
which show the complete error string in one alert

(like
_validationAlert('Fehler bei Formularvalidierung:'+fl)
)

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh