From "Meyer, Stefan" <S.Me...@S2neueinformatik.de>
Subject AW: commandLink open new window
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:42:01 GMT
Writing into the response stream and bypassing the faces render phase goes like this:

HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse) context.getExternalContext().getResponse();
response.setContentType("Content-type: text/csv");
response.setCharacterEncoding("ISO-8859-15");
response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment;filename=" + "Report.csv");
response.getOutputStream().write....
// bypass the render phase
context.responseComplete();

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Renaud Denis [mailto:Renaud.Denis@bsb.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007 09:32
An: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: RE: commandLink open new window

I'm sorry Stephan, but I can't actually see how this solve my problem... ?

My purpose is to generate a non-faces response from a faces request (I mean, no link on a
resource servlet or anything). It works well when producing the response in the same window
but I cannot actually find an easy way to open this in a new window...

Renaud Denis (Renaud.Denis@bsb.com )
Consultant

BSB Belgium (www.bsb.com)
Avenue Athéna 2 - B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
T:+32 (0)10 48 79 63 - F:+32 (0)10 48 34 99