From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: Master detail drop down lists
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:35:11 GMT
>From: Duong BaTien <duong.batien@gmail.com>
>
> Hi:
>
> I am looking for the best suggested implementations of master/detail
> drop down lists (countries -> regions) in 1 or 2 month time frame that
> may be re-used under jsf 1.2. Any suggestion?
>
> Could some body give me links to email archives of myfaces and trinidad
> so i can do some search.

Trinidad framework gives you a ton of ammunition for a master/detail interface (maybe too
many).  You can find some good documentation (with pictures) of the ADF components [1] on
the oracle site and then reference the api-changes [2].

The tr:table [3], tr:tree [4] and tr:tableTree components have some events for state selection
that helps out with master/detail.  All the Trinidad components support PPR making the dependent
drop trivial.

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/api-changes.html

[3] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/devguide/table.html