From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject RE: tr:inputText disabled="true" & pageFlowScope
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 02:49:41 GMT
>From: "Mark Dopheide" <md@qwizics.com>
>
> Adam,
>
> Well, clearly I'm the one confused but I can't see my way beyond it.
>
> My backing bean does this:
> RequestContext requestContext = RequestContext.getCurrentInstance();
> requestContext.getPageFlowScope().put("registration", registration);
> // ex: registration.candidateId = 111;
>
> My view has this readOnly tag:
> > label="#{text['registration.candidateId']} : "
> value="#{pageFlowScope.registration.candidateId}"
> readOnly="true"
> />
> When the form is submitted, I retrieve it in the postback:
> Registration registration = (Registration)
> app.getVariableResolver().resolveVariable(context, "registration");

Oh, I think the problem is that you are not finding the "registration" bean in pageFlowScope.
 The variable resolver doesn't search this scope.  You will need to use the RequestContext.
Or, you could create a value binding expression.

ValueBinding vb = app.createValueBinding("#{pageFlowScope.registration}");
Registration registration = (Registration) vb.getValue(context);

> However, the registration.candidateId = 0, the attributes that are NOT
> readOnly DO have their attributes preserved correctly.
>
> It seems simple enough but apparently something is erroneous, though I have
> no clue as to what it is. I assume I don't need managed-property for this in
> my faces-config.xml file.
>
> Thanks again for any insights...
>
> Mark

Gary