From "Chris Lowe" <chris.lowe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Saving model state between requests
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:00:56 GMT
I don't know of any ADF/Trinidad alternative to preserveDataModel, but then
again I am quite new to this component set.

I've been using Trinidad along with Facelets and JBoss Seam. There have been
some discussions around Tomahawk and in particular the "preserveDataModel"
flag not playing well with either of these technologies:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=70250

Long story short - best not to use it!

A general JSF solution to this would be to store your data model (or
whatever collection that drives the datamodel) in a session bean which will
serve as a data cache between requests. In the restore view phase - use the
cached version; in prerender phase refresh the cached list.  It ain't pretty
- but it worked for me.

BTW Seam offers some neat solutions to this problem ranging from a version
of the above JSF method but needing only a couple of annotations through to
the caching of already rendered page fragments.

Regards,

Chris.