From Jimmy Kemp <Jimmy.K...@equinox.co.nz>
Subject RE: solved: maven archetype trinidad, tomcat 5.5.20, exception
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:46:13 GMT
Jochen,

Also some other things I found in regard to the maven archetype, if you wish
to use Jetty.

1. The pom that is generated is out of date using jetty6.  I copied the pom
from the trinidad-demo app and used the command 'mvn clean jetty:run'.
2. Borrowed the redirect filter 'RedirectFilter.java' from the trinidad-demo
app.

For point 3 above, jetty threw an exception unless the RedirectFilter was
configured.  Effectively the FacesServlet was not being initialised,
although the exception inferred some incorrect servlet mappings in regard to
JSF.

I am not that familiar with jetty, however when running the trinidad
archetype in Tomcat, there is no requirement for the RedirectFilter.  If
anyone
knows why I would be keen to find out.

Kind regards,

Jimmy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochen Traunecker [mailto:madnecker@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 December 2006 11:22 p.m.
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: solved: maven archetype trinidad, tomcat 5.5.20, exception

Thanks for your help - the archetype is running now.

For all newbies like me running into the same problem: fix web.xml to

  <!-- Welcome Files -->

  <welcome-file-list>

    <welcome-file>faces/index.jspx</welcome-file>

  </welcome-file-list>

and even the welcome file defaults will work:

http://localhost:8080/application

Jochen

--

Matthias Wessendorf wrote

I guess you have a tomcat at

http://localhost:8080

and your web app ctx is "application"

so your jsp page is physically named "foo.jsp" or "foo.jspx"

With your web.xml

You can't access it like

http://localhost:8080/application/foo.jsp

Do a

http://localhost:8080/application/faces/foo.jsp

thx.

Matt

Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail:
http://mail.yahoo.de