From "Marcus Bond" <marcus_bo...@hotmail.com>
Subject tr:table & paging
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:10:42 GMT
>From what I can gather, in Trinidad the total number of records in a table
is automatically 'known' by the  number of rows in the model. However, what
if you don't want to fetch the whole set of data from the database and would
prefer to only fetch the required rows from the database for each page?

I only want to query for a small number of records (1 page) at a time but
need some way of informing the table component that there are in fact a lot
more records in the database.
This would require setting a variable that represents the total number of
rows available from the database, but there doesn't appear any longer to be
this facility.

Is there a straightforward way of doing this? (eg: like the dataScroller in
tomahawk)

thanks,
Marcus

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com