From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@quovadx.com>
Subject RE: Add messages to the parent with dialog framework
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:25:00 GMT
I was calling it from the API that closes the dialog. That was the
problem. When I put a returnListener in properly, it worked, except I
still did have to set partialTriggers="idOfMyButton" on my messages tag.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:54 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Add messages to the parent with dialog framework

Where are you calling FacesContext.addMessage()?  Is
it from the returnListener, or from the API that closes
the dialog?  It's got to be the former, because if you
add messages from the latter, you're just adding them
to the dialog (which is going to close).  Two different
pages, two different FacesContexts.

-- Adam