From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdev plugin
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 04:08:35 GMT
We're definitely interested in getting fixes to the JDev
plugin.   The problem has been that the folks who originally
coded this, before it was donated to open-source, moved
on down the road.  I don't know of any current committers
that really understand the JDev XML project file very well!

So, anyway, if you could create a JIRA issue, and submit a
patch, hopefully we could take a look, though so far our
track record hasn't been great at pulling in JDev plugin
patches. :(

-- Adam

On 12/7/06, Aino Andriessen <Aino.Andriessen@amis.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are much interested in the jdev plugin for generating JDeveloper project files. It
seems to work quite good but we found an issue that prevents us from using it:

> - The generated compiler settings are quite different from the normal JDeveloper configuration.
For example, it uses a reverse filter for the 'copy files to output directory'. This seems
like a good idea, but in combination with the creation of business components (BC) it results
in unwanted behaviour, because the BC wizard does not expect the use of a reverse filter.
It checks the setting, notices that e.g. the .xml or .jpx extension is missing from the list
and adds it, because it wants the BC files to be copied to the classpath; but off course that
does not happen because of the reverse filter. The result is a runtime exception that the
xml files cannot be found (actually it complains about the model.jpx file, that is not added
either).
> When I change the plugin template file to the same configuration as an emty model project,
all work as expected.
> Can you verify this behaviour? Is it intended or will it be fixed in a future version,
and can you give me an estimation of when that could be? Because we would not like to use
our own version / fork of this plugin.